Sunday, September 2, 2012

Creating for a Girl

I realized now that I am almost 36 weeks along I haven't posted anything about what I have for the little lady. Well I have been busy crafting and sewing. So here are some pictures of what I have been making.


These are all the flowers I have made (so far). I know I will make more, I already have the itch to make a crochet flower. Notice the beaver orange, she will be wearing that this season. :)


Usually for flower headbands each flower has its own band it is attached to. To me that seemed a waste and what if I wanted that particular flower on a different band. So I designed away to clip the flowers onto different bands. That also means the flowers can be used later when she has hair to clip back. It is hard to tell the colors in the picture but there is one black and the others are white and pink.

 Of course you can't forget about the hats. Which I'm actually surprised I haven't made more. But I usually don't really get going on crocheting until the weather gets cooler. The really long hat is for newborn pictures.



This is one of the pieces of art for the room (it is watercolor) and I still need to get it framed. I also have plans to paint a Bible verse on some wood for another open space on the wall.


These are the colors I used for the little lady's blanket. My Mom was great and came up last week to help make the blanket and curtains for the room. We whipped out the blanket in about two days. I forgot to get a picture of it before I packed it in the hospital bag, but I am happy with how it turned out. A few days ago I finished up all the sewing I needed to get done before she comes.

Not too many more big projects to complete before this girl comes, still many things I want to get done or at least work on. But at four weeks away I am starting to feel more ready, though maybe not emotionally ready for a baby and a toddler. That is a whole different post.

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics and colors Meagan. I bet the room is looking great for the little one! Aunt J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I both - not ready for two! Aaaahhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete