Saturday, October 9, 2010

Operation Let Mommy Sleep



This was Micah and myself yesterday morning. He was up in the night a couple extra times. Which means we didn't get as much sleep. So after his feeding in the morning when he goes back to sleep and we usually get up, I came out to the couch in hopes of C getting more sleep and me getting a few extra winks too.

But this morning....glorious!

Micah ate around midnight and was still awake making a few noises. C then enacted Operation Let Mommy Sleep. I was unaware that this operation was in place and was commencing last night. I woke up looked at the clock and was amazed It was a little after 6am, over 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Again I say glorious! The first thing that was going through my mind was that Micah had never gone this long in between feedings. Perhaps we should move him to is room to sleep, maybe we are waking him up in the night. I got out of bed and came out to the living room to see C and Micah sleeping. So what did I do, quietly walked back to our room and got back in bed. Come on what else would I do. I was a bit engorged and leaked quite a bit, but sleeping was again glorious! An hour later C comes in with a hungry Micah, whom I happily feed. Turns out Micah didn't go that long between feedings. When he got hungry around 4am C feed him a bottle with some milk I had pumped that was in the freezer. So very thankful to C for surprising me, and letting me enjoy some extra sleep.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumping can be quite the blessing, especially when Mommy needs a break, for sleep!!!!! Friends of mine that breast feed say feeding a bottle before bed usually helps, that way you know exactly how much he ate and that he indeed has a fully belly....they tend to sleep longer with a fully belly :) He's growing up so much and is SO adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete