Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Year of Nurture

 Our winter wonderland because I don't like posts with no pictures :)

For the past few years I have picked, rather what God has given me to focus on, live and strive toward for that year. With a new year comes a new word, but last years word and the year before are still something I want to focus on. This years word is a bit different in relation to the past years. As I was thinking about the upcoming months the word that I was continually prompted on was nurture. The obvious direction this word takes me is to Micah and Jane. But to me this year it is much more, probably even more as the year progresses. I see it as nurturing Micah and Jane, to bring up, train, and protect them. It is also applies to all relationships in my life, I want to nurture, grow, support, and encourage these people and our relationship. This word can apply to me inwardly as well, to develop and foster a greater dependence on the Lord. To grow more deeply in love with Him, to know even more His strength and my weakness. To nurture a greater confidence in myself and contentment to were God has me now. This year I focus on nurturing, growing and developing all areas of my life. 

2 comments:

  1. Meagan,
    Great insights. Thank you for sharing such an important word with us.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate & love your point of growing more deeply in love with Jesus Christ, to know more His strength and [your] weakness. That touched me as I too could focus on loving Him more, relying on His strength and not mine alone.

    Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete