Monday, December 8, 2014

Ethan Michael

Welcome Ethan Michael! He was born November 16th at 10:34p, he was 8lbs 2oz and 21". I woke that morning at 6:00 to get showered and ready for church. In the shower I noticed I had already had a couple contractions so I started to count, plus the were definitely stronger. They continued through the morning making us wonder if I should play piano at church that morning or not. But by the time we got down there they seemed to have slowed and remained that way through the afternoon. We could tell that labor was beginning so we did inform my parents and they came up that evening to stay the night. Sunday evening the contractions increased in intensity but were not becoming consistent in timing. They were bouncing around from 5 to 8 minutes apart. About 9:45pm after returning from the bathroom C could see in my face things had changed and decided it was time to head to the hospital. Almost as soon as we got in the car the contractions dropped to three minutes
apart and a could feel him bearing down. C made the trip a bit quicker. We got checked in at the hospital at 10:25 and things had really progressed. The walk to the birthing center felt rather long. As the nurse was leading us to a room C asked if they were ready to deliver a baby. They didn't think much of at right then and sent me to the bathroom to collect a urine sample. Once in there I was ready and started pushing. The nurses realized at that point the baby was coming now. C had to carry me to the bed where the nurses were quickly getting everything ready. A few minutes later at 10:34 Ethan was born, before the doctor had even arrived. Nine minutes at the hospital, I don't think we could have cut it any closer and actually deliver at the hospital in the birthing center. God's timing is perfect and we are so blessed to have another baby. Welcoming a new life into this world is nothing but pure joy.
Here he is now at 3 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment