Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Year of Trust

Last year my one little word was here. As I thought of that word throughout the year I tried to be in the present. Though I am no where near perfect in being here. With a new year comes a new word to focus on. But I will continue to strive to be here through this year and the rest of my life.


For this year my word is trust, trust in the one true God. To trust God with my life, with our future, our health, with my husband, with Micah, with everything and through everything. I want to trust God, period. Not just trust God to provide for our needs, to protect our family, to guide our lives, etc. And not just in the big things, but in the small things, because He knows and cares about those too. (Which actually those seem to be the harder areas to trust in). I want to trust God wholly, that no mater what may come, through it all God is there and on the other side God is there. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6


When you think of the opposite of trust fear is there lurking. Think of the time consumed in fear? What lies is the enemy convincing me of when I live in fear? Whatever it is I'm not trusting the Lord. I should never be asking myself "What will I do if...?" I should ask, "What will God do if...?"


He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.
Psalms 112:7-8
. In a book I read the author drew attention to the fact that it is not that bad news won't come, it is that you will not fear it. Because in the end we will look in triumph at our foes, meaning God will work all things for good.

So maybe my word should be no-fear, perhaps another year.


Oh how I wish I was better at all this. This trusting and no fear thing is not something I will accomplish in a year, it is a life long journey. One I know I will face and struggle with my entire life. But that does not mean I should just throw my hands up and not even try to trust my Maker. I will strive day after day, year after year, decade after decade to surrender more of my life to Him and fully trust Him in everything, through everything and with everything.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful Meagan. Trusting in the Lord is a struggle for me too. Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete