Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shoes Shoes Shoes

When we went to Palm Springs in an effort to pack light I planned to pretty much wear the same pair of shoes for the week (gasp). Then those said shoes got left behind and all I had to wear were my running shoes and black riding boots. Neither of which would do for the week. So the great husband that The Farmer is he took me out shoe shopping. We made our way to DSW and after awhile found these Clarks.


Very practical and very comfortable and on sale. They only thing is I look at them and think mom shoes. Now there is nothing wrong with mom shoes, especial since I am a mom. But it is not like you see them and think cute shoes and I like to wear cute shoes.


So I then found these beauties on clearance and bought them too. Hehe. Surprisingly The Farmer didn't give me a bad time for buying another pair of shoes. He does think I have too many. Sure I might only wear those red high heels twice a year but when I do they look great and no other shoe would do.


Anyways I had also been holding out for awhile on buying a pair of Toms because there is a local store in Hood River that gives you 40% off one item on your birthday (the day after in my case). Being the penny pincher I am I waited to get Toms 40% off.


Now my question to you is does two pairs of cute shoes balance out the comfortable practical ones? Does a two to one ratio work or should it be three to one? It would have been three pairs of cute shoes had I been able to find brown boots in my size, but that is a whole different story.

1 comment: