Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ending a Chapter

Another chapter of Micah's life is closed. Yesterday I nursed him for the last time. And I have now become one of those mothers who cry over everything. Sheesh.

It was time to be done nursing, although I'm sure he would have been happy to have continued. But I am sad about the connection and the closeness that I had with him, that I will no longer have. Everyday I would get to sit, hold Micah and provide him what he wanted. (I'm not a crazy granola person about nursing don't worry). It is also another sign Micah is getting older and time is ticking by

I will miss him needing me (I know he needs me in other ways). I will miss being able to provide the comfort he wants. I don't get to hear the cute noises he would make nursing anymore. Or feel his hand reach up to my face, sometimes putting his little fingers in my mouth. Or see him put both his hands together over his head and play with extra fabric from the nursing cover. Or see his rosy cheeks when he is finished.

It has been a wonderful experience, also funny as I look back at the struggles I had at the beginning. My goal was to make it a year, I am so happy to have made it. Micah not having teeth I think helped. I'm sure it also helped that he is my first, so there were no other children running around distracting him. Now what to do with my freedom?

3 comments:

  1. Go on an over night trip with your super good looking husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And let Nana and Opa take really good care of that precious boy.

    But - CONGRATULATIONS on making your goal. You can proud of yourself having achieved that milestone. You will never regret the sacrifices you made to get to there. I'm proud of you.
    xxxxo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Mama! Enjoy your new freedom. :-)

    ReplyDelete