Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Great Grandma Wolfe

About a week and a half ago while we were staying with my parents we drove to Salem to visit my Grandma (my Dad's mom). This was actually the first time Micah meet his Great Grandmother, it shouldn't have taken so long. She LOVED seeing him. She is 95, will be 96 next month and isn't able to communicate with words well. But when she saw Micah she got extremely excited and started talking in her way with him.

Then once she was holding him she started singing, rocking and playing with him. It was very sweet.

We also had to be sure to get a few four generation pictures.

It was a delightful visit. We left when it was dinner time so we walked her to the dining room. Most of the rest of the residents were already seated. When they saw Micah they all stopped and the joy and smiles they had just from seeing Micah touched your heart. One gentleman was wearing a veterans hat from Vietnam, Korea and WWII, without going too far into my thoughts, I wondered about the awful things he has seen. He was also the person with the biggest smile. I was so happy Micah was able to bring him joy.

1 comment:

  1. Meagan:
    What a wonderful visit to document. I hope Micah can return!

    ReplyDelete