Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Craft Room: Ruffle Flower T-shirt

Fun DIY project to spice up a plain T.

:: Start with a basic t-shirt, you will need two shirts. So it is best to get them on clearance or real cheap. I got these at H&M. I bought one my size and the other the biggest size they carried so I had plenty of extra fabric.

:: With the extra shirt cut up rough flowers with five petals (from now on I refer to these as the petals). This turned out to be the most time consuming part, I was hoping my cricut would be able to do it but sadly it didn't work.

:: Next pin on the petals where you want the flowers to be. (Lesson learned, make them closer together then I did here).

:: Each of the flowers used five petals. Take one petal, fold it in half and then fold it in half again. Next stitch it onto the shirt, repeat with three more so you have a total of four petals making the flower. Use the fifth one in the center (folding it the same way), I had to add a few extra stitches on this petal to make it open up how I wanted.

:: Final result....I am happy with how it turned out. As I said though I would have done the flowers tighter together, especially since after I washed it the shrunk a little. Now I am on the hunt for another sweet deal on two shirts.

1 comment: