Saturday, March 5, 2011

From the Kitchen: Mint Chocolate Goodness

At roommate Christmas Missy had bought a few desserts. One was a chocolate cup with a mint filling. For me pretty much anything mint and chocolate or peanut butter and chocolate is a win. The dessert was good and looked like something I might be able to make so I gave it a try for Steph's shower. I used a candy mold for the cups and a mint buttercream frosting for the filling. Interesting, when I was trying to work out the mint buttercream frosting I found out if there is not enough mint it tastes horrible! Not what I would have expected. Then, I only had three more of the chocolate cups to make when I figured out the best technique, guess I'll have to make them again. Hehe :)



MINT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING

12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups confectioner's sugar
4 Tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoons mint extract

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter
Add powdered sugar and beat until the mixture comes together, scraping sides as necessary
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add 3 T. of heavy cream, mints extract and food coloring (if desired). Beat until combined, adding the additional 1 T. of heavy cream if necessary for desired consistency. Beat an additional minute or until thoroughly creamed (fluffy looking).

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious and I think I would love an excuse to try these. Like maybe Wednesday would be a good enough reason! I drove by the turn off for 35 today on my home from Portland and thought about surprising you...then I remembered the three kids in the back...

    ReplyDelete