Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Have Become One of Them

It happened last night. Around eight o'clock I was in sweat pants, relaxing. C asked if I would like to run over with him to get gas in the car. Sure I said, the gas station isn't far. I grabbed my smoothie from the freezer that I had gotten from Costco earlier, put my slippers on (who needs shoes when you're just getting gas), and got in the car.

C started to drive home, instead of turning on Cooley he went straight into Lowes' parking lot.

Me: Um...I'm not really dressed for going into a store. showing my slippers

C: Oh
That's okay, you're pregnant.

So here I am walking through Lowes, wearing slippers, drinking a smoothie and a huge belly. I never liked it when people wore slippers out to a store, or church (I really have seen this). Here I have now become one of those people that where slippers in public. I tried to walk into the store with confidence, hey I am pregnant and all. But I just hoped the whole time people wouldn't look down and notice the slippers. Maybe the belly will distract them enough.

But then, oh then. I see another pregnant woman. Just to rub it in that I look like a slob she is wearing a really cute tunic with leggings and great sandals. To top it off she is just as pregnant as I am and I don't just see her once in the store. We see her at least three times. Just get me out of here. Back where I belong, sitting on the couch, that I can't get up from.

1 comment:

  1. I could not stop laughing when I read this! I used to have a pair of slippers that had hard soles that I would wear around the house, and then they felt so much like shoes that I would forget to change them when I was going to the store.

    PS - I can't get off the couch either.

    ReplyDelete