Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peace and Joy

A moment from many weeks ago.



The dawn is breaking, a glimmer of light coming through. It is a new day.

Photo from The Pioneer Woman

I walk into his room, his arms relaxed, the left up by his head, the right by his side. His hands held in a loose fist. The rest of him wrapped in the warmth of a blanket. I pause. Watching his chest slowly, deeply, rise and fall, I think about the need to breathe every moment to live. I wonder, what about The Breath of Life, don't I need Him every moment to truly live? How can I show this to Micah, teach him to figure out a way to have Him, see Him, feel Him in every moment.



Looking at his face I see peace in him, resting over,and all around. Peace. This must be the peace the Lord promises His people. I see peace, as time slows, I feel peace. The Lord is Peace, He is here in this moment. A heart at peace gives life to the body. Let my heart not be troubled, He will be my peace.


I gently place my hand on him. He stirs. His arms stretch, letting go of sleep. Eyes blink open, they catch mine. "Good morning Micah," is whispered into the silence. A smile that fills his whole face appears. I smile back. I see nothing but joy in him, pure joy. This then must be the joy the Lord promises. It is in his face. The world is foul, though he does not know it, he does not see it, to him right in this moment he sees the beauty that is around and is filled with joy. Even in pain we can have joy, His joy, shout for joy. Although this world is ugly, and there is grief, it is beautiful and joy can be found.



No comments:

Post a Comment