Friday, December 31, 2010

Here

I can't believe 2010 is near over. This year has held so many challenges and changes. How blessed we are.


As I look to 2011 and strive to make it a good year I am going to focus on one little word...here. I want to be here, in the present. A struggle of mine has always been looking ahead in life to the next stage or the things I need to get done. I have to remind myself to enjoy where I am, now more then ever that is more important to me. I don't won't to miss a thing. I desire to enter fully into the moments so I don't miss the life and memories that I have right now. If I'm already moving onto the next moment, that hasn't even come yet, I am missing out on living.

I want to be here where God has me. Not just to live, but to be able to hear Him and where He wants me to go. If I am not here in the present how can I hear God and His direction for the future, that sadly my mind is usually already moving towards. So this year I am going to be here, here to live my life in the moment that is now, and here to hear God and follow Him.

The year of here.

1 comment:

  1. I echo those feelings, Meagan. It is so easy for me to be looking forward to what is going to happen instead of focusing on the present, the here and now. I want to join you in being sure to pay attention to NOW and not the future.
    I love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete