Friday, December 2, 2011

Not Another Fall

On Tuesday Micah took a big fall. Naturally his fall from Tigard was almost healed. I really hope this won't be a weekly occurrence.

In our house we have wood in the kitchen floors then a transition to concrete to the back porch with concrete steps. Micah knows he is not allowed to go beyond the threshold. That morning he was riding around on his tricycle, I was putting a few things away in the living room. Next thing I hear his Micah crying. I go running and find him at the bottom of the stairs next to the overturned tricycle. He was crying and the cut on his nose was bleeding. I scooped him up and stopped the bleeding. The Farmer was in the house so he came and checked Micah over to make sure nothing serious was wrong.

What seemed to have happened his maybe since he was on the bike he thought he could go past the threshold. Then I think he road the bike down the stairs and then fell off.

Thankfully we had some popsicles in the freeze so we could ice his lip. To get him to sit still while we iced his lip he sat on my lap and watched some cartoons. Gasp! That is the first time he has ever watched cartoons and probably the only case he will until he is two. His lip was swollen by the next day and his nose is nearly healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment