Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Uncle Ken

Ken is in the middle with his two brothers

This morning my Uncle Ken ended his over five year battle with cancer. I have been amazed at his courage through this trial. What impresses me as well is the strength he had to continue to fight. The tenacity and determination it must of took day after day. He has been an example to us all, not just these last five years but the entirety of his life.

I was reading a book by a blogger I follow and she spoke of the "haunting "C" word, the one with gluttonous belly and serrated teeth and the voracious appetite to divide and dominate. Caner." What a wretched disease it is. As beastly as cancer is God did promise that there will be a day with no more tears and no more pain, that day has come for Uncle Ken. God used this vile sickness to bring Uncle Ken into His presence and glory for eternity. That I can rejoice in. Our flesh groans out of sadness and mourning but our souls know we will meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment